Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 27, 2024, 07:40:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plants along the corridor ?  (Read 8043 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2007, 03:15:55 AM »

Hi I've neighbours that loves to put the plants along the corridors, which honestly i'm quite against. Firstly i find that it's fire hazard, especially when it's along the stairs. And secondly, it dirties the corridor. The soil leaves marks after watering and they dont bother to clean the corridor. Not sure if anyone agrees or have the same problem coz I realized that alot of neighbours love to keep potted plants along the corridor area.

Advertisement

sweetheavens

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 03:59:25 AM »

i think besides all the cons you've mentioned, the worse thing that may happen now is that they didn't take care of the pots and pans containing the plants properly and mosquitoes might breed. dengue may spread and create big problem!!

my bf's place at punggol is fussfree... nothing at the door besides a doormat and their old slippers... i used to visit a friend, the parents love to plant so much that walking along the corridor to the flat is like walking through a garden (or forest since all greens) b4 getting to the main door!

acerbyte

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 04:41:34 AM »

Plants don't create noise like airplanes, mahjong or karaoke sessions. Some of flowers even give out smell instead of exhuast air.

I think plants are only considered fire hazards when they are dried up or dead but i agree that they should not place at the staircase where it will cause obstructions for evacuation.

Residents should be responsible for keeping the corridor clean, for the benefit of themselves and their neighbours however don't have cleaners every month to wash the floor too? Technically the water flushes the soil into the drainage instead of onto the walkway.

These are people who have green fingers as well as a handful of elderly people who keep plants along the corridor. I guess that a view of greenary in the concrete jungle and the passion for planting is a pasttime for them.

So long as they do not accumulate water to breed mosquitoes, too much plants to cause obstructions or hanging potted plants over the ledge, they are not that of a problem to me actually.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »

I visited my friend, is it blk 186? 17th floor? can't remember very very clearly.

Goodness, the moment the lift door opened, 2 big pots. Then followed by small small pots on the floor as well hanging on top.

HDB allow meh?

This is not a matter whether plant lovers or not, but more on obeying the rules and regulations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: