Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 27, 2024, 07:38:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plants along the corridor ?  (Read 8042 times)
scubaparents

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »

Along the corridor, as long as it's 1 or 1.5 rows of plants should not be an issue, and yes, keep it neat & clean, without stagnant water & remove unsightly dead leaves. If your neighbours does these things, I actually like the idea of having plants. But keep the stairwell clear for fire safety reasons.

Advertisement

Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »

I agree that plants does help to create the greenery. But when your neighbours are so inconsiderate then it's a problem.
Dirty corridor and dried leaves everwhere. Sometimes i feel like just telling them politely but not sure if they can take it well. And some people just like to make things more difficult when you tell them.

I had bad experience with all these potted plants before. At my mom's place, we've neighbours living above us who love to keep potted plants near the window, and everytime they water their plants, so did our dried clothes which are hanging outside. And worst once when i was hanging the clothes outside, one of the potted plants fell on my wet clothes and nearly on my head. Immediately, i called HDB & Town Council, police and even followed up by emails to HDB and Town Council.  I've no problems when you've nice and considerate neighbours. But problem arises when you've stubborn people who are so inconsiderate. My parents have raised the problem of keeping potted plants near the windows a few times to these neighbours before the incident happened, but all went deaf ears.

I'm raising this problem not because i don't like greenery but i feel that everyone should be considerate for others. And the fact that the potted plants are kept at almost every step of the staircase is irritating! Perhaps HDB or Town Council should just set rules and regulations on what should be done.
crystal

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 10:37:25 PM »

I have no complains about residents putting their plants along the corridor, but agree with Stacy that they should have rules on the sizes and number of plants..

But my mother in law place, her neighbour plants huge plants, and many many plants, and mini fountain as well... Recently, the NEA came and said tat is dengue spots.. but they couldnt talk to the owner of the flats, as they are always not at home.. My daughters will have many mosquito bites whenever she returns from mother in law place.. sigh.. so there is a con here, when the owner doesnt find time to maintain it..
d69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »

hmmm you guys are likely suspects for the one who has been stealing my potted plants!!! Keke Jokes aside, you shd not stereotype all who keep plants as inconsiderate pple who dun clean up the plants or let mosquitoes breed.

For me, I always make sure my small garden along the corridor is well kept and water free. It adds a nice scenery to the otherwise dull corridor and it brightens my day when i go to work and when i come home. It gives me some pleasure tending to them on weekends and seeing them grow and flower.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: