Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 28, 2024, 08:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MP walkabout - Teo Ser Luck  (Read 25928 times)
Della

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 02:25:53 AM »

Mr Teo Ser Luck went is Blk 172C and Mr Teo Chee Hian was visiting other blks around the area..
About the transport Mr Teo Ser Luck said he thought its 30mins...Lets hope so..that he will add some transport to everywhere less than 30mins..ex Orchard..Jurong..AMK..or more places..we shall wait and see  Shocked

Advertisement

hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 03:18:18 AM »

of coz it wont be any tom, dick or harry resident whos elected...

but then agn if nominated to become member of parliament, the constitution of law grants enough authority to do the job and put pressure on the ministries to pull up their sock.

at least tats what a democracy should be. the circus act they call parliament now seems more like a stage for people to wayang and show they can talk so as to justify the pay they are getting. o and mustnt leave out taking the chance to praise one's boss in public

typical of PAP circus in action. all show but no substance. i wont put too much hope on this youngling Teo.. i have sent him a strongly worded complaint abt the construction and have not even got any reply acknowledgement.

if only there is a rule stating only people who live in an estate can run for election there. this is the best way make sure representatives in govt know the issue 1st hand.

i do agree that it could be a better situation where only residents of the constituency are allowed to run for elections as they will know better how the residents are feeling and be more proactive in solving the problems. current situation is that we feedback the incidents to the MP and the MP write letters and letters to address the issue. Does this help?

but on the other hand, if normal residents like us are allowed to run in the elections and are elected, do we have the authority or influence to address the issues tat we are facing?

it's really a tough nut to crack..
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 03:20:12 AM »

Youngling Teo thought 30 mins means from Punggol MRT to Harbourfront MRT journey only.

Whereas the resident who complaint thought the journey starts from stepping out of his house, wait for LRT, board the MRT.
In that case it takes about 1 hr once I stepped out of my house. Walk to the LRT station, wait for LRT, after 2:30pm have to go such a big loop to reach Punggol MRT.
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 04:30:58 AM »

How will they know if they basically don't take the public tranport?
Perhap the only time we can see them on a train is during the ning of a new route..
Asking them about time taken to travel on a train?? haha.. sounds abit sarcastic thou..
How many elites stay in Punkgo? hmm....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: