Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
July 05, 2024, 10:00:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you stop a smoker from smoking downstairs  (Read 40314 times)
Americano

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »

smoke in coffeshop is wrong, smoke in pub also wrong.. now smoke in own house also wrong..

expecting ppl to look out for your clothes first before they smoke, expecting ppl to cater to your needs.. why din reflect abit if u are too "fault finding"?... smoking from 2 floor below u also not happy..

lasttime govt nvr gei-si draw no-smoking zone and hyped no smoking campaign, would singaporean become so intolerant as it was now?

if want to be fault finding, can we complaint that when we hanging our clothes out, and 2 floors below auntie cooking dinner frying fish and oily smell flow upwards? can we go her do and fart at her, and ask her not to cook? can we make noise to govt and let them make law for NO cooking zone in HDB Kitchen?

c'mon la... if so intolerant to others need, go live in surburb where u can face the green green trees day after day..

Smoking is a negative-sum game. Pollute the environment, waste $$, and also affects your love ones. The reason why govt is banning smoking in public is clearly evident. And of course if the person is smoking outside, the ash will land on the folks' clothes living below the smoker.

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 12:29:34 AM »

I had the opportunity to witness the effects of smoking on an infant. My son had to be admitted into Special Care Nursery in KK because of some complication with his birth. Next to him in the nursery was this really small pre-term baby girl (1.7kg), everyday that I was there, she would be crying constantly from the discomfort. My wife and I were trying to second guess what was her complications that landed her in Special Care. Just then, her parents came in, they had an extremely strong cigarette smoke. And as much as they displayed their tenderness with her, from our daily encounter with them, they were still smoking like Senoko Chimnery. So despite the predicament of their daughter from the effects of smoking, the message was not going through. So sad! Sad
eniroc

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:22 AM »

Yah... couldn't agree more with H2OSeekers... really, it boils down to the intrusion of into a common airspace that we all share... the dangers of secondary smoke are well documented. Did you know that smoking pregnant mothers have a higher chance of miscarriage? And that babies born to heavy smokers or mothers expose to secondary smoke have smaller brains and thus intellectually less alert?

Let's take drinking as another example. You can drink within reason, too much and you will cause harm to your body, but if you drive and get into a car and knock (or kill) someone down, you will definitely go to jail? There are penalities for drunk and even reckless driving, but there are no penalties for exhaling secondary smoke which will harm others, but I think secondary smoke harms more ppl than drunk driving...

Think I recall somewhere that a group of co-workers took a class action suit against another employee to court in the US for smoking and exposing them to secondary smoke and actually won the case. Can this be done in Singapore? I don't think so. So yes, tolerance is the name of the game today, but so is reasonable behaviour. If you see wet clothes hanging out in the kitchen, there is always the living room where you can smoke out off. If I don't like it, I can close the window...

Anyway, if a smoker thinks that smoking is ok, then why bother to smoke out of the window, unless
1) He doesn't want to pollute his own home (which makes it really bad that he wants to pollute others' property)
2) He thinks that it will harm the children/wife
3) The wife thinks that it will harm the children and ask him to smoke outside

Said a lot, but will end off here... If my dad didn't quit smoking 20 years ago. I think he would be dead by now from smoking for 10 years. He shared with me that only 15 years after he stopped smoking, can he begin to taste food for what it is really like... smoke 10 years and it took 15 years to recover his taste buds. What more irrepairable damage to the lungs, heart and other vital organs.

Puffy frog - pls take care of your health. Money cannot buy it back

Sincerely, with only concern for my fellow human being,

Tigger

ya lor..smoking realli bad for health..my hubby smoke also...aiya...can;t control de..millions of smokers in Spore..complaint oso to no avail..can't be sueing every smoker to court rite? haha...

when we were walking along the streets of orchard or wherever..oso got alot of ppl smoke ma...oso polluting air..den means kenot go shopping???

When we were walking beside traffic..oso lots of carbon monoxide...oso bad for health...no difference...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 08:56:13 AM by eniroc » Logged
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »

Smokers, go ahead and smoke. But pse:
1) watch if the ash will fly into some else's hse - U wldnt want ur hse to be dirtied so pse not dirty others'
2) see who lives below - there are many babies in the estate if ur neighbour downstairs has a newborn or toddler, its not very nice to keep emitting still air to their hse
3) Go to the void deck - Since its so huge and airy, i dun see y u cant smoke there instead.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: