Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
July 03, 2024, 02:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you stop a smoker from smoking downstairs  (Read 40301 times)
Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

I had the opportunity to witness the effects of smoking on an infant. My son had to be admitted into Special Care Nursery in KK because of some complication with his birth. Next to him in the nursery was this really small pre-term baby girl (1.7kg), everyday that I was there, she would be crying constantly from the discomfort. My wife and I were trying to second guess what was her complications that landed her in Special Care. Just then, her parents came in, they had an extremely strong cigarette smoke. And as much as they displayed their tenderness with her, from our daily encounter with them, they were still smoking like Senoko Chimnery. So despite the predicament of their daughter from the effects of smoking, the message was not going through. So sad! Sad

Yah... that's really sad... and at no fault of the little girl

Advertisement

Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »

ya lor..smoking realli bad for health..my hubby smoke also...aiya...can;t control de..millions of smokers in Spore..complaint oso to no avail..can't be sueing every smoker to court rite? haha...

when we were walking along the streets of orchard or wherever..oso got alot of ppl smoke ma...oso polluting air..den means kenot go shopping???

When we were walking beside traffic..oso lots of carbon monoxide...oso bad for health...no difference...

If he is willing, he can. Try cold turkey 7 days... drink lots of water.... after that, will be better...

Worked for my dad...
Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »

im a non-smoker...but it's their freedom to smoke in their hse..can't say anything...the world can't go the way we want...we have to accept it i guess...i can't possibly go upstairs/downstairs..knock on the family's door and say pls go dwnstairs to smoke if they wanna smoke...invading their rights already...maybe they are real nice ppl..but becoz they smoke...we see them in another way....hmmm...abit unfair to them oso... Cheesy..no offence ok..im juz saying how i feel =)...but how to force hubbie to quit smoking lei???

he say when i agree to get preg he will quit...threatened lei!!!  head banging

actually, getting preg also good lah.. then hv baby..
dun wait too long.. quality of egg and sperm goes downhill with age, higher chance of miscarriage...
tell your hubby, smoking also affects his sperm... hahaha... so if want to get preg also must improve the quality of his ammo... haha...

if anything... it will be fun trying loh...
Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »

im a non-smoker...but it's their freedom to smoke in their hse..can't say anything...the world can't go the way we want...we have to accept it i guess...i can't possibly go upstairs/downstairs..knock on the family's door and say pls go dwnstairs to smoke if they wanna smoke...invading their rights already...maybe they are real nice ppl..but becoz they smoke...we see them in another way....hmmm...abit unfair to them oso... Cheesy..no offence ok..im juz saying how i feel =)...but how to force hubbie to quit smoking lei???

he say when i agree to get preg he will quit...threatened lei!!!  head banging

Think its difficult to ask someone to quit unless they do it for their own sake. To quit for GF, WIFE, CHILDREN, MOTHER, FATHER, useless they will resume the habit onces they meet up their kakis. Dun see cigar as a simple thing. Its associated with social and emotional ties. People sometimes smoke for peer acceptances, smoke for environment acceptances, smoke for comfort, smoke for pressure reduction and last but not least, smoke for leisure (nothing to do). It all centered against "ME". So, to quit it, it muz be out of the concern for "ME, the "SELF".

just to share... i think one of the factors that convinced my dad to quit smoking was the health of his children...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: