Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 28, 2024, 08:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 167616 times)
cher_06

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »

I saw a fat person in the lift, I got so scared of him because of his size and he looks fierce.. Can someone tell me whom I should report this to?  Also, I think fat people are just taking too much space in the lift, so I think they should not be staying in HDB.  Can HDB ban fat people from staying in HDB, get them to live in a condo or landed property.   Cry

On a side note, big dogs dont necessary mean they bite.  Not taking the dog having a mental disorder in consideration, Dogs in general irregardless big or small when provoked, will bite out of defense.  Sometimes we as humans dont understand why they attack.  When a dog bites a kid, we never wonder why, we are quick to blame the dog and the owner, the dogs cant talk and defend for themselves.  And as a matter of fact, I have seen kids who think it is funny to poke the dog's eyes, pull their tail etc, ask yourself if someone starts poking you in the eye, would you defend yourself?

With all that said, yes I think owners should clean up after their dogs and  keep their environment friendly.  Lets all stop being self centered, thinking that the world revolves only us.  Animals have feelings, and if you really doubt what i am saying, perhaps you should go into UTube and look for the video 'Christian the lion'.   

P.S:  No offense to people on the bigger side here. just hope everyone really think before they blabber off. 

Advertisement

junetan7

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »

my little dog used to be really super friendly. and would rush to every human and every dog to befriend them.

until..... some kids ran after him, barked horribly at him, pulled his tail and tried to step on his paws. that's when he retaliated. everything happened so fast that I wasn't able to carry him away quickly...

since then, he has been very selective with children he come across. Some, he'll wag his tail. Some, he'll ignore. Some, he'll charge towards them, esp if they make annoying sounds.

if no kids ever attack him before, then he'll have grown to be a very friendly pup.

Oh yes. He is in every way, a furry child of mine.
But yes, I do welcome a human baby, and am praying hard for one infact.
Both shall co-exist.
Children that grows up with dogs/pets have a loving heart, are caring, and have stronger immune system. Less likely to get asthma. That's what I've observed so far, from within my scope of work.
Jannabelle

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 02:58:36 AM »

"Dogs are like children. They bark to express themselves as do babies cry.  They bark when they are happy as well as when they feel threatened. Just as you cannot control your babies to cry, sometimes it is not possible to restrain dogs from barking (even though I know some owners are v good in this area of training).

Our dogs are our children.  We pay for them, feed them, bathe them, groom them, educate them and bring them to vets whenever necessary.  Only thing is we don't give birth to them, but does that makes them any less our children? No. Thus it is v disheartening to hear some of you speak of them like demons, much worse when you will feel so happy that the dogs are put to sleep. Think abt it: if your baby keep crying and is causing a nuisance to your neighbours, could they ask/would they be happy if your baby be put to sleep?? No.

For those who mentioned about dogs urinating at pillars, I've also seen kids urinating in the public. Do the parents clean up after that? No.  If dogs were to poo, we were educated to pick them up to keep the environment clean. (Can't say for all la, some of the older folks still think that dogs poo are fertilizers!)

When children misbehave, are we gonna have a forum to say why parents dunno how to teach their kids? No. Why do we expect dog owners to apologise when their dogs bark but parents never apologise when their kids are making a lot of noise? Parents can relate that as child-like but not dog-like.

Since we can tolerate children, why can't we tolerate men's best friends?

I feel that since we are all living in the same neighbourhood, we should learn to adopt a higher tolerance level to the surrounding and the people in it.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Similiarly, if you don't want to be treated in a certain way, please refrain from treating others in that same way.

Btw, the lady with the 6 dogs could be a dog-walker. I remember seeing some leaflets of that sort. It is a common practice overseas, that dog owners hire a dog-walker to walk their dog as they may not have time to do it themselves. If so, I don't think anyone can charge her cuz I don't recall any rule abt max number of dogs a person can be walking.."

Well Said!!!!! I stand by you this is what my feelings are exactly are.... Dogs are like children. As a matter a fact better most dogs are better behaved and easier controlled than most children.

I think if owners should apologize for barking dogs, then parents should start apologizing in trains , buses, restrauants , etc... Whenever their babies cry. clapping
SereneSee

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 02:36:15 AM »

I understand your feelings as a dog-lover,  what we are saying here is that big dogs bite and babies don't.  No matter how loud a baby/child cries, it is never as loud as how a dog barks.  Anyway a baby does not pose as a danger to anybody compared to the many reports on dogs biting humans!!!!! I hope you understand what we are driving at here. We are just saying that big dogs should not be rared in a HDB flat, just as the rules on no cats in HDB flats too! But cats can be sterilize and therefore prevent them from meowing during their mating season. Just as big dogs can be leash and put on a muffle to prevent them from barking and running around. Tongue

It is most unfortunate to have people around who always think that all dogs bite. Sometimes it really gets onto my nerves when parents tell this to their kids too and naturally, they grow up to be fearful of dogs and starts running or screaming like a mad person when they see one. When a dog sees this, their natural response is to either bark or run towards that stupid person and in the end, if that dog REALLY bite or frightened that person, it becomes the dog and his owner's fault.
It is true that babies dont pose danger but please know that they do cause nuisance when they cry non-stop, and my neighbour's children who walk past my flat everytime, never fail to stamp their feet or make the "Bow Wow" sound, and the parents NEVER once scolded them at all. My dog would then remember these irritating children's scent and would bark each time they passes by..and may I ask whose fault is this then?
We all know that big dogs are not allowed in HDB and to be very truthful, this rule is a very stupid one coz It has causes many lives to be lost, many dogs to be abandoned. HDB and AVA should instead practise rules like only walking big dogs after 9pm (when most children are at home) that sort of thing or only allowing 1 dog at home, regardless of it's size. We are talking about "lives" and emotional trauma here, I hope you all also know what I am driving at..
I feel that people who are staying in HDB should be more tolerant coz it is a community area. As pampered Singaporeans, we have the habit of complaining and complaining, but please be VERY aware that your complaints might/might not make u a happier person, but it would certainly be at the expense of the dogs' life.  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: