Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 28, 2024, 08:15:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 167617 times)
EY

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 03:23:18 AM »

This thread says "stop barking and leash your dogs please!" I don't know how it come about to topics like putting dogs to sleep and comparing kids to dogs. Yes kids are a nuisance sometimes BUT as I mentioned before they don't bite.  Anyway, I have NEVER in any of my post say that ALL dogs bite.  A simple conclusion to all this, and to prevent any mishap, I advice all dog-lovers with dogs (big or small) to leash their dogs and for big dogs to be muffled while they are out of your houses.  As for kids that mistreat dogs/animals and kids that urinate in public, these all reflects on their upbringing and the ethics of their own family.  If their parents do not refrain the kids from doing this, or tell them that it is wrong, are they to blame?  This is just the ugly side of Singaporeans. However, I did see some big dogs being leashed and muffled recently!! Thumbs up to those for being considerate.

Advertisement

codyism

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »

You folks are obviously not dog lovers. Not that we can force all people to love dogs la.

Dogs are like children. They bark to express themselves as do babies cry.  They bark when they are happy as well as when they feel threatened. Just as you cannot control your babies to cry, sometimes it is not possible to restrain dogs from barking (even though I know some owners are v good in this area of training).

Our dogs are our children.  We pay for them, feed them, bathe them, groom them, educate them and bring them to vets whenever necessary.  Only thing is we don't give birth to them, but does that makes them any less our children? No. Thus it is v disheartening to hear some of you speak of them like demons, much worse when you will feel so happy that the dogs are put to sleep. Think abt it: if your baby keep crying and is causing a nuisance to your neighbours, could they ask/would they be happy if your baby be put to sleep?? No.

For those who mentioned about dogs urinating at pillars, I've also seen kids urinating in the public. Do the parents clean up after that? No.  If dogs were to poo, we were educated to pick them up to keep the environment clean. (Can't say for all la, some of the older folks still think that dogs poo are fertilizers!)

When children misbehave, are we gonna have a forum to say why parents dunno how to teach their kids? No. Why do we expect dog owners to apologise when their dogs bark but parents never apologise when their kids are making a lot of noise? Parents can relate that as child-like but not dog-like.

Since we can tolerate children, why can't we tolerate men's best friends?

I feel that since we are all living in the same neighbourhood, we should learn to adopt a higher tolerance level to the surrounding and the people in it.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Similiarly, if you don't want to be treated in a certain way, please refrain from treating others in that same way.

Btw, the lady with the 6 dogs could be a dog-walker. I remember seeing some leaflets of that sort. It is a common practice overseas, that dog owners hire a dog-walker to walk their dog as they may not have time to do it themselves. If so, I don't think anyone can charge her cuz I don't recall any rule abt max number of dogs a person can be walking..

clapping clapping thumbs up thumbs up
da

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

Dogs are pack animals. The posts from dog owners are scary. If you treat your dogs as playmates or give them the status of your "child", do you still have control over the dog, or do you spoil them, and your dogs think they are of higher status than you in the pack?

If your dog growls at you, or bites you, please take action.

Agressive dog; owner says dog bites her in vagina

Dog bite victim

Dog Bites 11-Year-Old Boy In Face

devil's advocate
ikuzuSCJ

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »

Dogs are pack animals. The posts from dog owners are scary. If you treat your dogs as playmates or give them the status of your "child", do you still have control over the dog, or do you spoil them, and your dogs think they are of higher status than you in the pack?

If your dog growls at you, or bites you, please take action.

Agressive dog; owner says dog bites her in vagina

Dog bite victim

Dog Bites 11-Year-Old Boy In Face

clapping   clapping

i hope dog owner will realise that it`s very unfair to compare a baby with their pet dog....
a baby is harmless but a dog might be harmful...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: