Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 28, 2024, 06:48:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 167615 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »

the topic is 'leash you dogs', don't know out of sudden babies are being compared with dogs. Funny.

Advertisement

Jannabelle

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2008, 06:10:38 AM »

i hope dog owner will realise that it`s very unfair to compare a baby with their pet dog....
a baby is harmless but a dog might be harmful...

I tik what the dog owners are trying to do, is to express that their pet dog is as important as a baby to a parent. So of coz when some moron starts complaining and trying to get the AVA in to hurt their 'babies' they get MAD.
I believe as a dog owner myself I will do all to protect my dog if some unresonable person stepped on my toe and disturbing me and my dogs when there is nothing wrong. I can get really... really nasty...
Eropagnis

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »

Once the AVA visits this area and bring away the unlicensed and non-approved breed, there will be peace.

Muzzling a must for large-breed dogs.

Accordine to AVA, all dogs must be leashed in public places, regardless of their size.  Smiley In our estate in Punggol, most are pets, except for a few other instances, dogs are found.

Large breed dogs include bull-mastiff, bull terrier, dobermann, german shepherd, rottweiler, perro de presa canario, pit bull, akita, neapolitan mastiff and tosa. As reported, last year, AVA took action against 10 owners for not muzzling their large-breed dogs in public places.

Since Sept. this year, the max. fine for not leashing a dog in public place has been increased from $200 to $5000 under the dog licensing and control rules. Second or subsequent convictions for both offences carry a max. fine of $10,000.

Smiley Smiley Like staying in the kampong, all men are brothers, so in order not to frighten  our fellow pungollians who may be with babies and kids, as a gesture of goodwill, big dogs need to be muzzled.  thumbs up  Lets work together.  cheers

Licensing of dogs for HDB residential premises

Under the Housing and Development Board (Animals) Rules 1989, HDB  allows only one dog of an approved small breed per residential unit. Failure to comply with this legislation can result in a fine of up to S$4,000 upon conviction.

Approved Breeds:- http://www.ava.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/2FCF9F87-1FB1-49C8-A804-0611C26E95FA/18177/approvedsmallbreed.pdf

Perhaps a call or an email to AVA to check on the dogs around Punggol area will determine the number of unlicensed dogs as well as non-approved breeds in this area.

It will definitely also eliminate the 'LEFT-OVER' problems created by inconsiderate owners.

Centre for Animal Welfare & Control
Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority
75 Pasir Panjang Road
Singapore 118507
Tel: 6471 9987, 6471 9986
Fax: 6473 3687, 6472 6157
Email: ava_cawc@ava.gov.sg

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:02:11 PM by Eropagnis » Logged

Look what I've found:
Eropagnis

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

These dogs can be registered under another person's address...

Hmmm....so we are talking about dishonest people who broke the law on purpose and kept these big dogs in HDB?

If that is the case, people, let's report these case to AVA should any of us see any HDB owners keeping big dogs here!!!!!

Perhaps a call or an email to AVA to check on the dogs around Punggol area will determine the number of unlicensed dogs as well as non-approved breeds in this area.

It will definitely also eliminate the 'LEFT-OVER' problems created by inconsiderate owners.

Centre for Animal Welfare & Control
Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority
75 Pasir Panjang Road
Singapore 118507
Tel: 6471 9987, 6471 9986
Fax: 6473 3687, 6472 6157
Email: ava_cawc@ava.gov.sg

Look what I've found:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: