Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 26, 2024, 07:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 166774 times)
Jannabelle

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »

While you guys are throwing stones at the minority of the dog owners who disobey the law by not leashing their dogs, you forgot the majority of us who do.  And by writing down all these hurtful remarks about men's best friends to let out your feelings, you are inconsiderately provoking the whole group of us who own and love dogs. Much less when our dear ones are being referred to as "biters". 

Men "bites" too, whether physically or mentally.  And when that happens, it can kill too!

Are you or your children being bitten by any dogs in the neighbourhood?  If so, I urge you to report it to the Authorities cuz they dun act by reading the forums.  If not, please rest your case.

I was, on several occasions, irritated by running kids who screamed their lungs out. Should we tie their limbs and put a muzzle over their mouth then?? 

Dogs have lives too. They breathe, eat, drink, sleep, bathe and play like you and I. Just in a different manner and on all fours. God created dogs to be our companions, our best friends. Please dun condemn them.

I believe all, if not most, dog owners will try to adhere to the rules of owning dogs in Singapore without the need of being reminded. Otherwise, we risk the danger of our love ones being taken from us. And we definately do not want that.

Please dun make Punggol a very nasty place to stay in...

Yes! This is very well said...  thumbs up 

I am a dog lover and I will do all it takes to protect them from any dog haters.

And seriously, as a dog owner, i adhere to law abiding rules closely to prevent all these nasty ppl from taking any opportunity to trash my dogs. I am sure all most dog owners like what asdf has said

"will try to adhere to the rules of owning dogs in Singapore without the need of being reminded. Otherwise, we risk the danger of our love ones being taken from us. And we definately do not want that"

Punggol is a nice place to stay so PLEAsezzzzzzzzzzz....
stop harassing dog owners and their best friend...

Geez...

Advertisement

firepegasus

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »

obviously dog owners here have the money to buy more n more dogs but dun rather use money to train their dogs
Din they noe dogs can go to obedience course so as u can control em better?
Well, a dog is the man's best friend n i think a well-trained one is enuff.
ladyangel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2008, 07:17:14 AM »

While you guys are throwing stones at the minority of the dog owners who disobey the law by not leashing their dogs, you forgot the majority of us who do.  And by writing down all these hurtful remarks about men's best friends to let out your feelings, you are inconsiderately provoking the whole group of us who own and love dogs. Much less when our dear ones are being referred to as "biters". 

Men "bites" too, whether physically or mentally.  And when that happens, it can kill too!

Are you or your children being bitten by any dogs in the neighbourhood?  If so, I urge you to report it to the Authorities cuz they dun act by reading the forums.  If not, please rest your case.

I was, on several occasions, irritated by running kids who screamed their lungs out. Should we tie their limbs and put a muzzle over their mouth then?? 

Dogs have lives too. They breathe, eat, drink, sleep, bathe and play like you and I. Just in a different manner and on all fours. God created dogs to be our companions, our best friends. Please dun condemn them.

I believe all, if not most, dog owners will try to adhere to the rules of owning dogs in Singapore without the need of being reminded. Otherwise, we risk the danger of our love ones being taken from us. And we definately do not want that.

Please dun make Punggol a very nasty place to stay in...

Yes! This is very well said...  thumbs up 

I am a dog lover and I will do all it takes to protect them from any dog haters.

And seriously, as a dog owner, i adhere to law abiding rules closely to prevent all these nasty ppl from taking any opportunity to trash my dogs. I am sure all most dog owners like what asdf has said

"will try to adhere to the rules of owning dogs in Singapore without the need of being reminded. Otherwise, we risk the danger of our love ones being taken from us. And we definately do not want that"

Punggol is a nice place to stay so PLEAsezzzzzzzzzzz....
stop harassing dog owners and their best friend...

Geez...

ok .. in the 1st place. no one mentioned that they hate dogs! and by u guys assuming that they or we hate dogs does that means that you are saying that you hate kids? and scared that kids will bite u as the dogs did. kids don't harm ppl when ppl beat them or scare them. they run away and cry.that's part of them growing up.How their parents educate them. it's definitely up to their parents, and somehow this kids will go to school and will be thought on education. I wonder why are u putting dog = baby? comparing? haiz. think again/ we grow up..children do too! at a point of time. they will know not to cry but act as any civilised ppl.Didn't you dog lovers go through this phase?
anyway, we are saying please leash your dog, reason no 1.
1. We are leaving in multiracial country. Some religion are not allowed to be in direct contact with dogs. so by putting up the muzzle, it prevents the dog from biting.. or shall i say licking us.. since u mentioned that dogs don't really bite if we don't attack.
And for those who says kids are annoying,irritating? Don't you guys have kids? I mean kids are our own blood, if your own bllod cries, u will feel the hurt and definitely find means to stop the baby from crying.. and every human will definitely have a child of their own irregardless your race or religion!
unless u are telling me that you give birth to dogs?no hard feelings here, but i just feel that u guys love the dogs too much that you guys are blind to see the subject header of the thread! we do not request for dogs to be banned! all we ask for is to be considerate and do the neccesary.
2. If you don't leash your dog.. eg.. those kids who are going to school or happen to go elsewhere... sees your dog,  got scared and ran away.
the dog will think that the kid is playing with him and chase after him..

your coorperation is much appreciated!
Jannabelle

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »

ok .. in the 1st place. no one mentioned that they hate dogs! and by u guys assuming that they or we hate dogs does that means that you are saying that you hate kids? and scared that kids will bite u as the dogs did. kids don't harm ppl when ppl beat them or scare them. they run away and cry.that's part of them growing up.How their parents educate them. it's definitely up to their parents, and somehow this kids will go to school and will be thought on education. I wonder why are u putting dog = baby? comparing? haiz. think again/ we grow up..children do too! at a point of time. they will know not to cry but act as any civilised ppl.Didn't you dog lovers go through this phase?
anyway, we are saying please leash your dog, reason no 1.
1. We are leaving in multiracial country. Some religion are not allowed to be in direct contact with dogs. so by putting up the muzzle, it prevents the dog from biting.. or shall i say licking us.. since u mentioned that dogs don't really bite if we don't attack.
And for those who says kids are annoying,irritating? Don't you guys have kids? I mean kids are our own blood, if your own bllod cries, u will feel the hurt and definitely find means to stop the baby from crying.. and every human will definitely have a child of their own irregardless your race or religion!
unless u are telling me that you give birth to dogs?no hard feelings here, but i just feel that u guys love the dogs too much that you guys are blind to see the subject header of the thread! we do not request for dogs to be banned! all we ask for is to be considerate and do the neccesary.
2. If you don't leash your dog.. eg.. those kids who are going to school or happen to go elsewhere... sees your dog,  got scared and ran away.
the dog will think that the kid is playing with him and chase after him..

your coorperation is much appreciated!

I do agree with you that dog owners should leash their dogs.
1. To avoid trouble
2. Dog getting run down by a car
3. Chasing ppl
4. Prevent them from going close to Muslims.

I am a dog owner and I leash my dogs at all times.

But you have to really sit down and run through the thread page by page on how every one is condemning dogs?  Its not an assumption.

A dog's mentality can be compared as a child, because it does not really understand what is going on. If its a puppy, it would also run away to hide if you beat it. It will not attack you back. Because it does not even know why u beat it. At least a child has tears to child and tell how miserable they feel. While dogs can't cry so you may think they dun feel sad.

Dogs are kids to us does not mean we give birth to them. It just means that we take care of them like kids. We feed them, bathe them, nurture them. While kids go to school , canines go to dog training school too. I had me and my dog attended canine school and we even have a certificate for it. 

Well... Not all dogs are trained. But as long as the dog owners follow the rules there is no reason to stereotype and trash dogs and dogs owners on the whole. E.g. Post like this :
"Agressive dog; owner says dog bites her in vagina, Dog bite victim , Dog Bites 11-Year-Old Boy In Face, Call the AVA, Watch out for this lady, Watch out for this indian guy who brings his German Shepard.... etc..."

Is just very offending... Do dog owners Not deserve respect bcos they own a dog? Do you mean that dog owners can be bullied and picked on just bcos they keep a dog which is so vulnerable to complains.

As a matter a fact, I would like to point out that I appreciate those Muslims that actually tell their kids that dogs are nothing to be afraid of. And encourage them not to run or shun them. This is greatly respectable! By doing this, you will lessen the fear of kids running when they see dogs. So dogs won't chase. Its a win-win situation.

See... The point is... if you respect other people. Other people will return the respect double and appreciate you even more. If dog haters were to trash dog owners do you think dog owners were to be happy?

I believe the younger generation dog owners all leash their dogs. Two possibilities of dog owners that do not leash their dogs are:

1. Old people.
2. Those ppl who just got a dog and is unaware of the rules and regulations

By go up to them and telling them politely, why it is important to leash a dog. It might make more sense than telling them something in a rude manner as they will not feel obliged to listen to you.
I urge neighbors to use the humble approach.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: