Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
July 03, 2024, 08:53:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugliest Driving Incident Ever Encountered  (Read 19118 times)
aimnfire

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »

errrr
carry super soaker can?Huh?Huh?Huh? stick tongue

Advertisement

fooseball

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 11:47:02 AM »

was in the car with my dad at about 7.30pm today and we were at the amk area, just next to the mrt. the taxi stand there was terribly queued with TAXIS! the worst thing was, there was one comfort taxi, that just swerved into our lane, we were on the second lane, on a three lane road (if i didn't remember correctly) and by right he shouldnt be coming into our lane. and the cabbie just stopped in our lane so he could cut the queue for the taxi queue. it was so frustrating because there were also cars behind and the cabbie just pretended like he was in the right of way.

shouldnt taxi queues be only limited to FOUR taxis?! argh!  mad
Ah Tan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »

Ok i start..

One night I was coming back from work travelling along tpe towards punggol and there was not much traffic so i was cruising along happily at abt 100kmh on the outer most lane.. then i saw from my rear mirror a car coming very fast towards me... of course i expect him to overtake me since he's cheonging and there're no cars on the other 2 lanes... but... but... he came very close behind me and HIGH BEAM me! For a full five mins at least he was tailgating and highbeaming behind me..mad mad mad  of course i got super FITE (fire-in-the-eyes) and refuse to change lane.. so he LL after a while and overtook me from the left lane to zoom past me.. tat was when i saw he was driving a black BMW but not sure which model.. next thing i did was abit silly i guess but i stepped on my accelerator and went after him.. turn out that this stupid idiot did the same thing to another driver on the outer lane and this time he cant overtake.. why? cos my car was right beside his on the left lane!!   angry angry

wow bro, u very fierce leh   winked  but well done   thumbs up
BM_Driver

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:39:07 PM »

Hi Ultramanz,

If the incident you posted happened about a year ago, I was probably the driver of that black BMW you encountered.

First of all, let me congratulate you in successfully boxing me in and making me more frustrated than I already was. Let me now relate to you what happened that night...

My wife went into early labour and was sent to the hospital from her work place. I got a call from her colleague and I had to rush home to pick up her things before rushing to the hospital to be with her. Unfortunately, I encountered your car on TPE that fateful evening.

I stayed on the right most lane as it is the safest lane to overtake other vehicles. As I pulled up behind your car which I believe was near the Tampines Road exit ( towards Hougang ), I had to let you know that I was in quite a hurry. As I did not have a Megaphone on top of my car or your mobile number, I had to flash my lights at you to say "Excuse me, could you please let me pass". However, you must have not been paying attention so I proceeded to overtake you as a last resort. By the way, I believe you exagerated by saying I highbeamed you for a good five minutes. Travelling at 100km/hr for 5 mins, we would have covered 8.3kms.. The distance from the Tampines Road exit to the Punggol exit is at the most 2kms. As I remembered correctly, I merely flashed my lights a couple of times to get your attention.

What happened next was highly applaudable as you showed your car's prowess by boxing me in. I was lucky to make my way to the hospital in one piece but missed the birth of my son by 2 minutes ( not exagerating as that was what the Doctor told me ). I hope your adventure made you feel 2 inches taller.

My point is this, sometimes, people are in a hurry for a reason. It could be a family emergency or it could be he's trying to beat the sound barrier. Whatever reason it may be, he knows best. As road users, why don't we just give a little and move over when someone is trying to pass? You have all the right to move back to the right most lane after he has passed and cruise at whatever speed you deem fit. Wouldn't that make the world go around a little smoother? As drivers, we all experienced moments when we are in a hurry. You may not be in a hurry that evening but I was. How would you have felt if the roles were reversed? Or would you deem it safer for me to zoom in and out of traffic between lanes?

One more point I like to bring up is this. Why is it that the bad drivers are always Merc drivers or BMW drivers? I used to drive a Mazda before buying a BMW. Did buying a BMW make me a worse driver overnight? I believe i remained the same. Why stereotype Merc drivers and BMW drivers then? I encountered my fair share of bad Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai drivers etc but I don't go around branding every driver of those makes incorrigible. Seeing a black sheep does not make all sheeps black.

Well, I wish everyone here the best and safe driving.. thumbs up

PS: Ultramanz, if that was not your car I encountered, than I apologise for thinking that was you. If that was indeed your car I encountered, than I apologise as well for puttin "fire-in-your-eyes". winked

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:23:19 AM by BM_Driver » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: