Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
July 08, 2024, 09:59:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you expect to see in Punggol North in the next 5 or 10 years ?  (Read 47377 times)
biscuit

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2007, 08:01:41 AM »

Busy justifying for another pay raise....??

Sometime I wonder how are they been assess in their performance. Are they really damn genius and perfect in all their work? Load of crap.

Advertisement

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »

my view is that the minister has no time for us lah ... or they feel they have more important task to do. Experience once myself when talking to one of them. If you still want to get things done, then seek out the people below them, like MPs, as they are more eager to impress us ...

Seriously, I think we cannot blame them. If I'm an MP, how the hell can I manage so many people in a single estate ? You are talking about thousands households. Can only help those who seek help or really deserve help.

Pay increase is another matter. If our MPs work to contribute to SG success, they should take it as a "National Duty" rather than a career. That what makes people respect like historical figures such as Mahatama Gandhi, Winston Churchill and George Washington. They fought for survival and are passionate with their vision. Money doesn't play as a motivating force here !

If we are to increase the wages to retain 'talents', others can also do the same or double the amount to pull them over. If our MPs will to be swayed by money to join other, then what kinda of ministers are we talking about here ?

Stayers or Quitters ? Serving the country or serving their own needs ? Do NSmen deserves better recognition and monetary raise as well since we have both "National Duty" and career advancement to concentrate ?

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »

having said your point, dun you start seeing those guys are seeing their governmental duties as 'just another job' ... their argument in the pay increase tells it all ... frankly, I do respect those guys quite a lot prior to that activities but since I start knowing what goes in between and their argument of why the increase, my view on them change drastically ...

Thought by thought and action by action ...
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »

I come across one MP has decided to donate their pay increases to her ward activities / organisation. This act is rather honourable.

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: