Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 18, 2024, 10:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72895 times)
pipin

you cant please everyone. love yourself first.

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008, 03:09:26 AM »

the idea is leash if you are with a dog. be it big or small. and hopefully walk them not in playground but parks would be good.

juz leash it.. since its afterall has its own wild instinct..

tats all.not hard to ask for.  Undecided

do not do what you don't like others to do at you.

Advertisement

guy_edwin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2008, 03:22:39 AM »

Hi all. New here.  waving Foremost, i don't stay in Punggol, i stay in Hougang. I fish regularly at Punggol End though and have been through the beautiful estate more than a couple of times.

Couldn't resist giving my opinion Grin

From a previous post:

Are dogs dangerous?

There's estimated 68 millions dogs kept as pets in 2001, in USA.
There is an estimate of 4.7 million dog bites in 1994 in USA.

Overall, 22.8% of bites are to the head and neck region. However, if the victim is below 4, 64.9% of injuries among children aged <4 years were to the head/neck region

Reference  http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5226a1.htm

I also found from the stated source that Of an estimated 333,700 patients treated for dog bites in emergency departments (EDs) in 1994 (2), approximately 6,000 (1.8%) were hospitalized.

.: Assuming that 1 dog only bit once, 0.00008% of dogs bit someone, resulting in hospitalization in a year.

In comparison, (wikipedia)

930000 Polish were killed yearly, primarily by the Germans during the 6years of WW2. Assuming that all 69,623,000 Germans were involved in the war, and that each German only killed once,

13 out of every 1000 (1.3% of) Germans killed a Polish every year during WW2.

So, if 0.00008% of dogs are dangerous and 1.3% of Germans are murderers, and certain dogs are legally bound to be leashed, shouldn't the Germans be leashed too?  Huh?

Disclaimer: The calculations consist of assumptions and estimations and cannot be evaluated for absolute accuracy.

In this regard..

Are we that much different? smoking
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:27:43 AM by guy_edwin » Logged
cher_06

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »

thumbs up

This is funny. Cant help laughing off my socks. 
BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »

Hi all. New here.  waving Foremost, i don't stay in Punggol, i stay in Hougang. I fish regularly at Punggol End though and have been through the beautiful estate more than a couple of times.

Couldn't resist giving my opinion Grin

From a previous post:

Are dogs dangerous?

There's estimated 68 millions dogs kept as pets in 2001, in USA.
There is an estimate of 4.7 million dog bites in 1994 in USA.

Overall, 22.8% of bites are to the head and neck region. However, if the victim is below 4, 64.9% of injuries among children aged <4 years were to the head/neck region

Reference  http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5226a1.htm

I also found from the stated source that Of an estimated 333,700 patients treated for dog bites in emergency departments (EDs) in 1994 (2), approximately 6,000 (1.8%) were hospitalized.

.: Assuming that 1 dog only bit once, 0.00008% of dogs bit someone, resulting in hospitalization in a year.

In comparison, (wikipedia)

930000 Polish were killed yearly, primarily by the Germans during the 6years of WW2. Assuming that all 69,623,000 Germans were involved in the war, and that each German only killed once,

13 out of every 1000 (1.3% of) Germans killed a Polish every year during WW2.

So, if 0.00008% of dogs are dangerous and 1.3% of Germans are murderers, and certain dogs are legally bound to be leashed, shouldn't the Germans be leashed too?  Huh?

Disclaimer: The calculations consist of assumptions and estimations and cannot be evaluated for absolute accuracy.

In this regard..

Are we that much different? smoking
Respect your opinion however, don't see the logic for this comparison.

Rgds,
BlackStallion
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: