Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 20, 2024, 05:32:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72934 times)
chietan

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 03:03:32 AM »

Hi All,

Not sure if I am too late but hope to share some genuine heartfelt thoughts here.

Just to state upfront, I have kids and I have a dog myself and I agree all pet dogs must be leashed in public places and pet dog owners should pick up and clean the poo of their dogs.

Think the issue here is irresponsible dog owners who don't leash their dogs in public places and don't clean up the poo left behind. The dogs are not the ones at fault. However, by sending such a list to AVA, regardless of reason or scenario, the authority will take action and these dogs may be seized and put to sleep a.k.a killed. These dogs are living beings and the pain of being pinned down by strangers and injected with poison is not something that we can imagine easily.

Think the key here is education to the dog owners. If u see such an irresponsible owner, tell the owner about it and not report to AVA who would just simply catch the dog and put the dog to sleep. And then the owner may go and get another dog, maybe a smaller dog and get it licensed, but if the owner still don't leash the dog in public and don't clean up the poo, these will continue to irritate the residents enough to email to AVA again and AVA take action and seize the dog and put the dog to sleep. Wouldn't the cycle just repeat itself?

Just my 2 cents here.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 05:57:40 AM »

the topic is BIG DOG not leased at playground. Not small dogs.

The list send to AVA is those BIG DOGs kept in HDB premises. ILLEGAL, barking too loud.
picasso

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »

I love animals,particularly to fish. Dog is not in my list but I do not hate them.
Between my 4yrs old son and dog,fish or any other non human species, my son or maybe human being comes first.
I agreed and shared that dogs owners should leashed their dogs once they are out of their house.They could take a chance to unleash them if no human(especially kids) around. Toddlers are unpredictable..(can u think like adult when u r below 8,7,6,5 or 4?
I got a female fren who keeps 4-6 dogs and she lately moved out of punggol.She is at her mid 30s.Her husband was my colleague too.The pair have no kids. They told me their dogs are their kids(Oh my god!!!)
So  I am telling those who against the idea of dogs not leash in public place(I am also against)we can never drill our thoughts into those dogs owner brain (and likewise they cant do it on us) as they had unknowingly treat dogs as human being like their children...
If I happen to bring my son to playground and get into whatever 'disturbance' from any dogs that are not leash, they sure get it from me.. I guarantee:mad: mad

Well no dogs allowed in the playground, if there are any dogs there, you know what to do  thumbs up
Friendly Neighbour

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2008, 12:27:59 AM »

the topic is BIG DOG not leased at playground. Not small dogs.

The list send to AVA is those BIG DOGs kept in HDB premises. ILLEGAL, barking too loud.

Hi Alaska,

I am not sure how you relate the topic of BIG DOGs not "leased" at playground, to that of "BARKING TOO LOUD".

Firstly, BIG DOGs are definitely not on "lease" at the playground... in fact, dogs are not for lease at all... Have you ever seen any advertisements or heard of the saying "dogs for rent"? haha... I believe you must have meant "LEASHED"

Secondly, do you know that small dogs bark more than BIG DOGs? BIG DOGs seldom bark... So are you sure that the barking you heard is coming from BIG DOGs around punggol? Do you know how to differentiate the bark of a BIG DOG to that of a small dog? Your sentence reads "ILLEGAL, barking too loudly"... Im not sure what is the legal decibel for the barking of a dog (in your opinion), but I am sure that this will be an impossible thing to train. So I suggest that you phrase your sentences correctly, and put the punctuation marks accurately. This way, everyone can understand everyone!

Do you all also know that cats are not allowed in HDB? If you guys were to track on this... the list will be much longer than the one you all have compiled for this.

But in any case, I do not support the act of submitting the list to the authorities. This would mean that we are getting our neighbours into trouble... If any actions need to be taken, we should just report that BIG DOGs were seen in Punggol area, and let the relevant departments do their fact finding and investigations. I can't imagine how I can have a good night sleep if I know that I am the one who caused my neighbours all the problems (getting fined = financially, dog taken away = emotional distress, etc etc etc).

Now it seems scary to stay in Punggol area because we have all realised that someone is out there watching your move. So for those who agree on reporting the list to AVA, I hope you do not do anything wrong from now onwards... because you won't know when you will be next on the list (for whatever reason).

Meantime, enjoy whatever you all are doing.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: