Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 20, 2024, 01:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72928 times)
bobviv

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »

After reading the entire thread, I felt that it went a little off the track. It all started from a big dog not leash at the playground while the owner was excersing, to showing photo to AVA and get a $6000 fine, for keeping illegal dogs, to gathering the block numbers and the floor and submitting to the right people. And also to some stray dogs in Woodlands, Yuh if want to complain lets do it all the way, i believe that some ppl do not know that cats are not allowed to be kept in HDB http://www.hdb.gov.sg/__482570380025DBC3.nsf/0/1B100CCC58289B634825706F0032EA61?Open&Highlight=2,cats. I believe that there are more ppl who keep cats at home than dogs. Maybe we should start having the list of those ppl keeping cats in hdb and report to Ava. I am going off track from the main topic. These complain here and there will never end. There is this thing “give and take.” I know some ppl in my flats who keep cats in their house, some are Malays and Chinese and Indians, but I will just keep it mum. They love keeping cats and its heart breaking for their pets to be separated from the owners if the AVA finds out, same goes with dog owner. I think I have read somewhere that there are complains about dogs barks, should I also complain about my neighbours keeping birds cos they start chirping so loud in the morning and I can’t get to sleep. There are so many things to complain about and it will never end, the list will go on and on. So in future I can forsee that disagreement will happen among races. Common punggolians if we want punggol a harmony place to live in we should look at things that are more pratical/serious,  like stalker, molest, thieves etc, ure family members safety are more important than a dog from the block looking down fiercely.  Some dogs may look fierce but general they can be friendly, and can be the other way round too. So if u sees someone who look fierce to u and ure wife from the window, will u call the police? And please for those who keep dogs regardless if its big or small, please leash your dog, Singapore is a multiracial country, so its best we have to respect our fellow Singaporean esp. the Malays and those who fear dogs regardless in size. If you want to let ure dog loose, there’s dog run for u to do so. If the dog owners need a dog run in punggol, maybe somebody should write to the relevant authorities, to build one. But the bottom line is I dun blame the ppl here to be worked up over dogs who are not leashed and bark, cos the actual problem lies with the owner not the dog. i used to learn how to train dogs many years ago, only for obedience, and I am using it on my dog, but then even though I am the alpha and the dog listens to me, I still gives 90% trust to the dog, so regardless, I will still leashed the dog. Also letting ure kids or maids to bring ure dogs regardless of size for a walk, is never a good idea, cos as i have mention they are not the alpha, its YOU who will hold the responsibility as the rightful owner who decides to keep 1.

Advertisement

Miracle

お宅

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

How many times have you heard in the news that a cat attacked some little kids? The concern here isn't about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community.

Friendly Neighbour

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:32 PM »

How many times have you heard in the news that a cat attacked some little kids? The concern here isn't about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community.

Well... i must say that i have never heard of cats attacking little kids... But I do know of real life case whereby a cat bite an adult on the ankle area thus causing this person to walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

You said that the concern here isnt about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community... Let me ask you, how do you define "threat" in this case. What makes you so certain that the dogs in Punggol are more of a threat than cats? I have cats entering my house so many times, and the cat would snarl at my family members and me... The cats also posed as a threat to me in my opinion.

How often have you heard of dogs entering other people's houses and start to snarl at them?

Whatever it is... we are not against cats here, and we are not against dogs here. The fact is that if the thread started off as BIG DOGs not leashed to BIG DOGS not allowed in HDB to coming with a list of residents with dogs to sending the complaint to the relevant authority... then we musn't be bias to dogs only because the regulation is that cats are also not allowed in HDB.

What you have not heard of does not equate to things have not happened!
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2008, 11:03:12 PM »

are you suggesting, we should look out for cat owners as well?

well, why don't you start a new thread about cats. Let's see other forumers' respond.

We are talking about dogs in this thread. Don't understand why cats start to appear, and single out some forumers' reply to watch out for punctuation or other nasty remarks. So ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: