Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 19, 2024, 11:48:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72916 times)
Friendly Neighbour

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

Well... that's because I have difficulties understanding YOU and your sentences. If you do not want to be misunderstood, then you should make yourself clear to others in the first place.

Start a thread on CATs? Gosh, if I want to, I can even get a list of cat owners and their address. But the fact that we mentioned cats is so that all those people out there who are against dogs can understand the whole situation here. We need to use analogy to support our stand here, and we need to quote examples when making argumentative statements.

Yes, BIG DOGs should be leashed is the thread subject. The subject is not "Compile a list of residents who owns big dogs"... So how do you explain what you have done? Don't you find it rude to be spying on others and posting their addresses here? I'm glad you mentioned which cluster you are staying in and I am far away from you.

I'm not trying to correct your punctuations and sentences, but I do not wish to guess what you are trying to say and misunderstand your points. That is why I suggest that you make yourself clear. For example "ILLEGAL, too loud barking" was in one sentence. Of cos I read you as saying that it is illegal to bark too loudly. But there is no law passed down for the decibel of a dog's bark. In view of that, the thread is "big dogs not leashed", maybe you should start a new thread on "big dogs bark too loud" and see how many people will reply you on "small dogs bark even louder and more often". If you can sidetrack, why can't others? Anyway, it is understood that a subject can be further elaborated by related sub-subjects. If not, this thread started by Wahidah would look like this:

Wahidah: Big dogs should be leashed
Reply from fellow forumers: Yes, you are right.

That's it... that's the end of the thread.

Then why did you say so much about reporting to AVA and so on and so forth? You can start many many different threads then.

I apologise if I have offended you in any way... But before you say things about others, think about what you have done first. PERIOD!

Advertisement

da

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »

There is this thing “give and take.”

Unfortunately, "give and take" mostly, if not always, benefits the aggressor.

Big dogs are not allowed in HDB flats. What are the reasons for the rule ?

Other dog owners can settle for a small breed although they may want a big dog. They follow the rules. Why should the people who break the rules, and keep big dogs in HDB Punggol 21 be allowed to do so? Do they have exceptional reasons? Do they have a valid license to keep the big dog in a HDB estate?

There are around 16,000 HDB units in Punggol 21. If there's 3 people on average in each household, that's ~50,000 people crowded into a small land area. There are many babies and small children in Punggol21.

A HDB estate is totally unsuitable for big dogs. A 4-rm flat is around 85 to 91 sqm in Punggol21. A 5-rm is around 110 sqm. After you put in all the furniture, and other household items, there's very little space left for even a small dog. When big dogs which are coop up in the HDB flat are brought for walks, they get excited.

These big dogs are brought out for walks around 7pm. There's children running and playing. The children look exactly like prey to the dogs.

devil's advocate
ShengXi

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »

Allow me to share my observation.

The crux here doesn't seem to be about dogs or even cats anymore. If you read the entire forum closely, you will notice the underlying sentiments about some forumers' style. They are indeed very active, logging in everyday, up to several times a day. They take part in almost any topic, from parenting, childcare, gourmet to travel and liberally dish out information (gleaned from the internet or from their own knowledge).

This is actually great except that the characteristics of these forumers emerge after a while. They post their views strongly, make discriminatory remarks about certain groups of people, attack parenting styles / choice of preschools, and have no qualms making insinuations about other people’s family backgrounds & financial status.

True enough, a forum is a free-for-all but trying to hog the limelight and being overbearing just does not sit well with a lot of people. I do not know “Friendly Neighbour” and apologise if I’m wrong, but I think he's merely giving a voice to what is already so blatantly obvious - manipulation of a public forum and the encroaching of personal views.
Friendly Neighbour

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 12:31:50 AM »

Da - I suppose Alaska is going to reply you that this thread is not about HDB floor area & Children & What time dogs are brought out for a walk. Hehehe!

Shengxi -  clapping clapping clapping
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: