Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 19, 2024, 06:03:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72908 times)
Snowolf

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »

Aiyo

Really simple problem make it so damn big for wad.

I agreed big dog must be leashed. Earth is supposed to be meant for all species. Human have alreadi took and modernised most part of it. Where can the animals like dogs and cats go. I agreed it a playground meant for children, not dog. Dog owners must have the responsibility to leash their big dogs. (i meant those real big ones)

So y not talk to the onwer about it, before even thinking of making this a big issue.

Advertisement

Snowolf

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2008, 10:32:22 PM »

How many times have you heard in the news that a cat attacked some little kids? The concern here isn't about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community.

Well... i must say that i have never heard of cats attacking little kids... But I do know of real life case whereby a cat bite an adult on the ankle area thus causing this person to walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

You said that the concern here isnt about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community... Let me ask you, how do you define "threat" in this case. What makes you so certain that the dogs in Punggol are more of a threat than cats? I have cats entering my house so many times, and the cat would snarl at my family members and me... The cats also posed as a threat to me in my opinion.

How often have you heard of dogs entering other people's houses and start to snarl at them?

Whatever it is... we are not against cats here, and we are not against dogs here. The fact is that if the thread started off as BIG DOGs not leashed to BIG DOGS not allowed in HDB to coming with a list of residents with dogs to sending the complaint to the relevant authority... then we musn't be bias to dogs only because the regulation is that cats are also not allowed in HDB.

What you have not heard of does not equate to things have not happened!

Interesting comparison to cats. haha Wonder wat the reaction will be if the topic heading is

BIG CATS NOT LEASHED
Spring

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »

How many times have you heard in the news that a cat attacked some little kids? The concern here isn't about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community.

Well... i must say that i have never heard of cats attacking little kids... But I do know of real life case whereby a cat bite an adult on the ankle area thus causing this person to walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

You said that the concern here isnt about keeping them but them becoming a threat to others in the community... Let me ask you, how do you define "threat" in this case. What makes you so certain that the dogs in Punggol are more of a threat than cats? I have cats entering my house so many times, and the cat would snarl at my family members and me... The cats also posed as a threat to me in my opinion.

How often have you heard of dogs entering other people's houses and start to snarl at them?

Whatever it is... we are not against cats here, and we are not against dogs here. The fact is that if the thread started off as BIG DOGs not leashed to BIG DOGS not allowed in HDB to coming with a list of residents with dogs to sending the complaint to the relevant authority... then we musn't be bias to dogs only because the regulation is that cats are also not allowed in HDB.

What you have not heard of does not equate to things have not happened!

Interesting comparison to cats. haha Wonder wat the reaction will be if the topic heading is

BIG CATS NOT LEASHED

Snowolf, Snowolf.....Definite of Big Cats in the species genus will mean the likes of tigers, lions, leopards & jaguars, etc! We can only imagine the reaction of the whole world, not just Punggol town! As you've said, let's not make such a fuss and counter one another in this forum.

Hey, it's the weekend. Chill,  folks!!!  cheers
BoBo

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »

I suggest we separate the issue here into 4 categories :

1) HDB approve breed of dogs.
We all know it's against the law to keep dog that is not HDB approve. Some feel the dog is "dangerous" and others feel otherwise and there is no need to cause an alarm. Big dog definitely need to be train so that it would listen to your command. Big dog also need more space and more walk/ run. If any owner really love big dog then they should not keep if they were to stay in HDB. It's really unfair to the dog.

2) Dog not on leash.
Big or small dog. All dog needs to be leash. Your dog might be trained but only you know and we've to be sensitive to people around us who are afraid of dog, either religious or bad childhood experience or just simply "Afraid".

3) Dog poo not pick up.
Dog owner, please, pick up the poo. It's part of keeping a pet. If you dog do urine in the lift, please take a pail of water and wash it. Don't wait for the cleaner.

4) Listing of dog owner address.
Let's have some ethics. Nobody like their address to be expose. If you felt the animal is of threat to you and you want to report it, do it privately.

Let's live in harmony and not make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: