Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
September 19, 2024, 05:51:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 72906 times)
da

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2008, 11:54:49 PM »

I agreed big dog must be leashed. Earth is supposed to be meant for all species. Human have alreadi took and modernised most part of it. Where can the animals like dogs and cats go. I agreed it a playground meant for children, not dog. Dog owners must have the responsibility to leash their big dogs. (i meant those real big ones)

From, http://www.ava.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/0CA18578-7610-4917-BB67-C7DF4B96504B/17971/ABDogLicensingandControlRules2007.pdf, i think the rule is not just big dogs. All dogs needs to be on a leash and under the owner's control. In addition, German Shepherd and Doberman Pinscher, among others, need to be muzzled

Regarding "Earth is supposed to be meant for all species", Dogs are descended from wolfs, and domesticated by Man. The different breeds, small miniature sized, huge dogs with huge jaws, etc, are made by Man, to work for Man, and for entertainment and companionship. i.e. fulfill the needs of Man. Dogs are part of "Human modernisation of the world" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs has a reference for an estimate of 400 Million Dogs in the world.

If you look at the number of dogs being left with SPCA, http://www.spca.org.sg/dump.html, there is an "excess". Majority of these dogs are probably "euthanized", another word for killed but in as painless and dignified manner as possible. Because there is no way to care for them otherwise.

3,002 dogs (half of them pedigree), left with SPCA in 2007. Quote from the SPCA webpage: "This is an alarming figure, and proofs that owners were simply not ready for the commitment of owning a dog."

devil's advocate

Advertisement

Snowolf

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2008, 01:06:52 AM »

I suggest we separate the issue here into 4 categories :

1) HDB approve breed of dogs.
We all know it's against the law to keep dog that is not HDB approve. Some feel the dog is "dangerous" and others feel otherwise and there is no need to cause an alarm. Big dog definitely need to be train so that it would listen to your command. Big dog also need more space and more walk/ run. If any owner really love big dog then they should not keep if they were to stay in HDB. It's really unfair to the dog.

It goes back to each individual responsibility. If i have a Huge Dog, i believe i will be responsible enough to leash my dog and move away from children. These dogs are by nature more aggressive.

2) Dog not on leash.
Big or small dog. All dog needs to be leash. Your dog might be trained but only you know and we've to be sensitive to people around us who are afraid of dog, either religious or bad childhood experience or just simply "Afraid".

Again, if im the owner and i understand the behaviour of my dog. (refering to those pet, adorable breed like cocker spaniel, chihuahua, etc. I will determine if i need to leash it. If my dog is those agressive type and run around, chasing people, of course i will leash it. Vice versa

3) Dog poo not pick up.
Dog owner, please, pick up the poo. It's part of keeping a pet. If you dog do urine in the lift, please take a pail of water and wash it. Don't wait for the cleaner.

Needless to say. Those owner who dun do that, i have nothing to say.

4) Listing of dog owner address.
Let's have some ethics. Nobody like their address to be expose. If you felt the animal is of threat to you and you want to report it, do it privately.

Agreed with you. Talk to your neighbour or do it privately. Imagine, someone here post and list down your address he.

End of the day, the topics here voice down to one thing. US.

- responsible enough to take care of your own dog. Dogs are innocent.
- Ethics enough to not burn the "whole forest because if one tree"
- Responsible to be awared of people around you, rather than living in the world of your own.

Im not saying, who is right and who is wrong. Just my 2 cents worth of feedback.

Let's live in harmony and not make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Snowolf

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »

If you look at the number of dogs being left with SPCA, http://www.spca.org.sg/dump.html, there is an "excess". Majority of these dogs are probably "euthanized", another word for killed but in as painless and dignified manner as possible. Because there is no way to care for them otherwise.

3,002 dogs (half of them pedigree), left with SPCA in 2007. Quote from the SPCA webpage: "This is an alarming figure, and proofs that owners were simply not ready for the commitment of owning a dog."

OMG, Majority of these dogs are probably "euthanized", another word for killed but in as painless and dignified manner as possible. Because there is no way to care for them otherwise.

Think i better not comment more on this. Look at the population of India and China, probably we should start putting human to sleep. LOL

Offence to you
cher_06

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »

I was very much shocked to read the whole thread and realised how horrible my neighbours can be. 

Mentioned previously in the thread 'stop barking and leash your dogs please', I actually asked whom I can report to as I got afraid of this fat person in the lift, and I thought he is taking up too much space in the lift.  Moreover he smells.

No offense to anyone on the bigger side here once again, but this is the same exact senario you guys are putting up when you say Big dogs bite, big dogs are fierce looking etc. It is a totally unfair statement to say that just because a dog is big, he is fierce or he will bite. I can shed some light to some of you that one of the most aggressive dogs I have seen are the terriers, who are generally small in nature.  And if you google it up, you will also realise that small dogs tend to be more territorial and less tolerant of kids.  Not to even mention terriers are very barkish in nature as well, in fact some are good guard dogs.   

As for big dogs should not be staying in an apartment, having lived in NYC where it is known to have small living areas unless you are terribly rich, you realised many still have nice dogs like the Goldens or even Rotties, and again, if you actually google it up, Goldens/ labs live relatively well in an apartment if they are given enough exercise. In fact, jack Russel which is one of the top 5 dogs that are being given up, although small in nature, need LOTS of exercise, in fact as much as a big dog. Seriously, dogs dont just keep running all day long.  As a matter of fact, when the owners are not home, irregardless if there is a maid or someone else, once the alpha is not around, they tend to sleep alot. 

With all said, yes, i agree that Dogs need to be leashed, and owners have to take responsibility for their own dogs. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: