Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 26, 2024, 12:25:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Is it appropriate to apply GST (Goods & Services TAX) on donations thru phone calls?  (Voting closed: June 24, 2008, 07:20:51 AM)
Appropriate. To make the rich richer. - 2 (11.8%)
Absolutely nonsense! - 8 (47.1%)
I would send a cheque directly to the charity organisation. No nonsense. - 7 (41.2%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why charge admin fees and GST on donations through phone calls?  (Read 8776 times)
SERENERIC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:40:54 AM »

It is totally absurd to charge GST for making donations thru phone call.
Moreover, there is a service fee applicable for each phone call.
It may be meagre $0.20 but its a hefty amt judging my the no. of phone calls received in last nite's charity show.

Advertisement

Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:31 AM »

Per call charge $0.214
So last night raised $6.8 million.
Assuming half the fund is thru phone calls, and per call is $50, let alone those less than $50 calls.
Which means 68,000 calls made up $3.4 million.
The fee charged in total is $0.214 x 68,000 = S$14,552
And this is a conservative figure.
mwsm70

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 06:48:11 AM »

that is already very common... every charity donations on phone call alway charge admin fee. that the reason why i don't donate. i wrote a chq to red cross.

somehow they really need to think abt it. what so big deal to waive off the admin charge? must there be any profit? since this is a charity, they should have all the donation being given to the people in need.
SERENERIC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:31:02 AM »

that is already very common... every charity donations on phone call alway charge admin fee. that the reason why i don't donate. i wrote a chq to red cross.

somehow they really need to think abt it. what so big deal to waive off the admin charge? must there be any profit? since this is a charity, they should have all the donation being given to the people in need.

agreed totally!!  thumbs up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: