Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 26, 2024, 01:53:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any SAHMs?  (Read 110584 times)
nor

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2007, 02:36:53 AM »

Hi alaska,
I'm not really new in punggol but kinda new in punggol.sg is there any do and don'ts here?
That i should know.
nor

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »

Tongue Hi all, trying to revive this thread cos I am a pretty new SAHM. I have been feeling really confused about working and staying home to look after my kids. I left work because my hubby felt that I was too caught up with work and spending little time with him and my children. He thinks that my staying at home will help him to feel at ease working without having to worry about the children all the time. I was elated about the idea of staying home since work were demanding then. Having stayed home for about two years now I felt like I have not achieved anything hence the sense of self-worth is emptying. I wonder if I am one of the very few who feel that way because I see most SAHM find staying at home fulfiling and wonderful.  Huh?

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
nor

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »

I'm considered a new sahm too two years as wife, a year as a mum. I can't say that i truely understand the real meaning of life. But i try to learn from experience. I'm kinda blur sotong, at times. Just take things step by step. You have all the time in the world to learn and improve yourself.  Wink

punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2007, 03:00:18 AM »

Tongue Hi all, trying to revive this thread cos I am a pretty new SAHM. I have been feeling really confused about working and staying home to look after my kids. I left work because my hubby felt that I was too caught up with work and spending little time with him and my children. He thinks that my staying at home will help him to feel at ease working without having to worry about the children all the time. I was elated about the idea of staying home since work were demanding then. Having stayed home for about two years now I felt like I have not achieved anything hence the sense of self-worth is emptying. I wonder if I am one of the very few who feel that way because I see most SAHM find staying at home fulfiling and wonderful.  Huh?
My husband always affirms me that it helps him to know that the kids are being taken care of by me and that allows him to concentrate on his work, including travelling overseas. I do not have a full-time maid but considered that seriously at one point in time when the children were younger and a lot of demanding. I have been having a part-time maid who comes in once a wk, at one time 2x, since the 1st child. I used to order tingkat dinner too, for a period, when it was tough. I should say that staying at home is not easy (but I think working mums have it even harder), especially when others think we are having a good time - just taking care of kids. Meeting their physical needs is quite demanding for first time mums, but inculcating values, good habits and attitudes, helping them to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and spiritually is even more challenging.
I am actively involved in my children's learning as I do not send them to pre-school. I started reading to them when they were 1 year old (except for my 3rd child, the older 2 read to her more than I did), going to the community library to borrow books for them. I find this 1000 good books list useful, for a start.
http://www.classical-homeschooling.org/celoop/1000.html
I have had bad days, I've had good days. I honestly find it fulfilling to be there for my kids, but there were times when I almost wanted to give up when the children don't seem to appreciate or when I wrestled with them.
Besides having an understanding husband, having friends who are like-minded and in the same situation helps. I have a group of friends whom I can call to talk things out when at breaking point or we would just call and appear at each others home within 1/2 hr becos we just needed to get out of our own house!
I believe learning from one another here is another form of support:)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: