Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
October 06, 2024, 01:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayspring Kindergarten  (Read 123983 times)
Rio

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »

Hi CJCJ,

I guess I have different views from you. I also send and pick my child everyday. I normally do not stay around, and would leave immediately after I drop or pick her. But I do notice that sometimes my gal would meet her teacher at the gate (teacher arrive at the same time, but I am already out of sight), and she would bother to hold my gal's hand, and bring her into the school. Somewhere in mid Jan, the teacher called me up and verify some issue on what my gal told her. Last week, when I pick my gal up, she rushed up to me, and tell me about some behaviour problem that she notice in my child. And I spend about 20 min 2 days ago just talking to her on the phone about my gal's character development. She said she will monitor my gal, and will keep me inform. She invite me to call her whenever I am in doubt. I felt that's a nice gesture.

When I ask my gal what she learn in school, she also tell me that they learn letters,  but she will also says the phonics sound of that letter that she learn. She will say a few words that start with that sound, which I belived was taught in class. Sometimes they will go on to do craft work relating to the letter topic. For me, I am rather happy with their cirriculum. Of course as parents, we need to coach our child at home, and I normally spend 30 min everyday either getting her to read a book, do counting & addition, write chinese characters, or do worksheet that I buy fr Popular. Perhaps u may want to find out from the teachers what they are learning. For example this week, they are doing "Friend" and I use this opportunity to tell her more about sharing things with friends.

For me, my main concern is not so much on academic, but rather character and social skill development. I would always like to know whom my child play with, how come she will bring back a toy, did my child insist on doing things her way, did she share the play things with her friend etc. Luckily, this teacher is able to pick up tell tale signs of wrong-doing and bring up to my attention.

Advertisement

Rio

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »

For me I am quite ok with them sitting on the floor, cos they will be doing that when they go to primary school. So like academic preparation, it just come earlier in kindergarten. Actually it's better  having lesson in open air than air-con room. Prior to attending Dayspring, my gal was in a air-con CC based nursery. She falls sick every month, without fail. But ever since coming to Dayspring, she only fall sick once,  and that was in December, during school holiday.

My only complaint abt Dayspring is that the charges for reading material are really high. And at the beginning, she always has insect bites. But I overcome that by applying insect repellent on her everyday. But for the course fee.......no choice but to pay. 
cuppa

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »

My son just changed from PCF to DaySpring recently. Yes, I agree that there are lots of things to pay...and from cash point of view PCF seems to b v worth the money.  Esp, food/snacks at Dayspring is v pathetic, they only serve bread or biscuits with plain water....occassionally with Milo!!  I can't believe that they give the kids only plain water for snack time. In PCF, they will have chicken porridge, chicken marcorni, milo, barley water and yakults....never plain water.  Teackers wise, I believe there are some good and some so-so....so depend on luck loh.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »

what to expect from teachers with 15-20 kids to handle? nothing is perfect.

Education starts from home, not depending on teachers or schools to teach. Child contributes one third, teacher one third and parents one third. The fraction two thirds of the education contributed from home.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: