Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
October 06, 2024, 04:34:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Based French Classes For Children  (Read 3291 times)
mum2jd

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »

Hi Everyone,
My husband is a Belgian, native French speaker, willing to give lessons to children from 4 - 12 years old. Its going to be a home based class. My house is filled with cartoons, books and materials to aid children in their french learning. Cartoons and books can be borrowed for more exposure into the language to keep the children exposed to the language between 2 lessons. I was wondering if there was an interest in Singaporeans wanting to expose their child to a 3rd language in French. Please leave a reply here or you can email me at desilvercheryl@hotmail.com.
Thanks for your time.
 Smiley

Advertisement

new-to-pg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »

hi
can u detail what kind of class u r thinking about? is ur husband haveing any training as teacher? will it be a very academic curriculum or  mostly conversational? do u have children? and do they speach french?
do u live in Ponggol?
i know some french language, but is not brush since my school years. still i think i can help my girl a bit if somebody else is teaching her.
do leave me a message or mail me ur contacts at ancachaudheri@hotmail.com
cheers
new-to-pg

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:19 AM »

i am waiting for a long time... is it still valid?
mum2jd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »

Hi there,
sorry for the late reply as we were away. my husband has no formal teaching training but he teaches my 4 year old cousin french. I have 1 son and my husband communicates to him in french. My son is only 17 months old and doesn't speak very much yet but he understands french when his dad speaks to him. It will be more of a fun and play environment where french is the first language spoken so as not to bore the child at first. We have computer softwares teaching young children, books and cartoons. We live in Serangoon north which is only 5 to 10 minutes from Punggol.
Thanks and sorry again for the late reply.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: