Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
October 06, 2024, 04:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: intersting place for kids?  (Read 19003 times)
hokll

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »

Hi Dolphin,
Another interesting place & free place which is accessible by public transport (aka bus) is the fire station. Not sure how old your kid is but my friends and my kids enjoyed it thoroughly when we visited the Waterloo fire station a few years back. We get to see the fire men doing drills and get wet ourselves with the fire hoses.

I would recommend you to visit the firestation at Sengkang, supposedly newest and biggest in Singapore I think. And best of all, easily accessible via bus # 82 from Punggol (outside Punggol Bus Interchange...not inside).

All SCDF's fire stations, except Jurong Island Fire Station, offer open house on every Saturday from 9.00 am to 11.00 am. We didn't do any booking for the visit, we just walk in the last time. But I believe if you have a big group, some booking is required. No harm calling up to check before your visit if you like.
http://www.scdf.gov.sg/Community_and_CD_Volunteers/E_Services/fire_station_visit_faq.html

When other interesting and cheap places for children comes to my mind, I will share with you again. Good luck and hv fun with your kid.

Advertisement

gwen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:59:23 AM »

SCDF Fire stations are simply fantastic
I recommend Central Fire Station Opp Funan Centre. They have a SCDF Museum too
Imageine your kid can actually go on the fire fighting crane and  also ladder that brings you up 5-6 stories high
And FOR FREE!
They also have wall scaling demonstrations and you can climb on the engines and explore
Also chance to hold a real water spraying fire hose!
This is such a gem!
punggolama

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

Got a friend who are managing a farm in Chua Choa Kang.
Got rooms to stay & also organic farm to explore.
Let me know if you are interested & I'll give you his contact no.

Hi, appreciate you could post the contact no, add, & operating hour, may be we can organise a group tour to go there?  Grin
KM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 04:54:20 AM »

Got a friend who are managing a farm in Chua Choa Kang.
Got rooms to stay & also organic farm to explore.
Let me know if you are interested & I'll give you his contact no.

Hi, appreciate you could post the contact no, add, & operating hour, may be we can organise a group tour to go there?  Grin

His name is Christopher. The farm is call Vision Farm.
It's still very new so not much information yet.
They are coming out with flyers & more informations.
Anyone interested can let me know & I'll PM his contact to you.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: