Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 26, 2024, 07:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the influenza vaccine useful in detering viral infection?  (Read 2981 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »

My son was down with slight fever, flu and cough. Its related to the latest outbreak of flu as I had caught the bug myself. PD recommends tat I jab him with influenza vaccine before I send him for play group and he said tat influenza vaccine will help in not getting the type of super scary high temp fevers. Anyone had jab ur child for influenza? Is it useful?

Advertisement

nor

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »

My daughter fall ill a few days ago. Same symtoms and it takes longer to cure. Till now she's still coughing and still down with runny nose. I wasn't told about the viral jabs by both doctors i go to. My daughter will be going for her 1 year jab soon. If you can share info with me, that would be helpful. Huh?

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:00:37 PM »

when I lived overseas, because of different seasons, we were encourage to jab this injection before winter comes.

but still got it leh....not so serious......

In Sinkapore, not sure whether the same dosage as in those 4 seasons countries.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 10:58:10 PM »

I was told by my son's PD abt the same thing. He said tat the chances of viral infections are lower and children whose parents are asthmatic are safer with the jab as it prevents the onset of asthma. I will be giving him the jab since he will be attending preschool soon. I already had a very bad experience of attending his super high and nvr seems coming down fever. Dun want to take any more chances.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: