Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
July 05, 2024, 09:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outbreak of HFM in Childcare centre  (Read 3120 times)
swaqqer

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:16 PM »

Hi all,

My son is presently in carpe diem at punggol st.24. Recently early July there was an outbreak of 10 cases of HFM (although not all at one go else MOE would have asked them to close temp). I pulled my son out temporarily for 3 wks as i dont want him to get it as my son wife was in advance stage of pregnancy. Last wk, they told me they have another 3 cases of HFM, and again I pulled my son out temporarily as my wife has just given birth.

Has anyone encounter similar situations of HFM outbreak recently in childcare in Punggol? As I am thinking hard of either switching my son out to another childcare centre as I feel a sporadic outbreak is not pardonable (although they claim they clean their toys n premises daily n also give reasons like kids can contract HFM outside n come to school). Its very disruptive to our lifestyle n schedule and not to mention the money gone down the drain for temporarily stopping my son from going to school.

I would like some feedback from parents to see is this just a controlled situation in carpe diem or it has blown into something out of proportion that we have to highlight to MOE?

Tks vm.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:30:18 PM »

Every childcare centres surely have HFMD, it all depends on the integrity of the management whether to tell parents the truth.

As for yr case, the childcare centre is good enough to inform the parents about the situation. The option is open to you whether during the outbreak you still want to continue putting yr child in the centre? That's why they don't give a refund.

My experience in Mar/Apr'07, my son K1 in MMI, also have HFMD outbreak. The school and teachers have feedback every now and then, how many children infected in his class and so on.

I still put my son inside the school during that outbreak period. Some days only 2 of them in the class which is good. Learn more things. Enrichment is still going on. Only swimming lesson closed for 3 mths.

I'm testing whether 6 mths of total breastfeding works for this outbreak. Yes, I am taking a risk. I am already mentally prepared what's going to do if anything happens. Thank God during that outbreak everything went well.
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:34:25 AM »

Every childcare centres surely have HFMD, it all depends on the integrity of the management whether to tell parents the truth.

As for yr case, the childcare centre is good enough to inform the parents about the situation. The option is open to you whether during the outbreak you still want to continue putting yr child in the centre? That's why they don't give a refund.

My experience in Mar/Apr'07, my son K1 in MMI, also have HFMD outbreak. The school and teachers have feedback every now and then, how many children infected in his class and so on.

I still put my son inside the school during that outbreak period. Some days only 2 of them in the class which is good. Learn more things. Enrichment is still going on. Only swimming lesson closed for 3 mths.

I'm testing whether 6 mths of total breastfeding works for this outbreak. Yes, I am taking a risk. I am already mentally prepared what's going to do if anything happens. Thank God during that outbreak everything went well.

Very important to note, as soon as you can, wash their hands and feet after school. Monitor their mouth, palms and soles for signs of outbreak.

Sadly, breastmilk does not improve immunity to HFM.  Cry

HFM is a calculated risk, we as parents have to face.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »

My friend's baby has HFM disease also, but she's not putting her baby at infant care in Punggol. I think this is a season kind of thing.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: