Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 29, 2024, 12:04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-school Tantrum  (Read 3177 times)
k4kim

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:10:08 AM »

Hi,

My boy is 3yrs and just started pre-school at Apple Tree. However, he is not enjoying school and has recently been getting v difficult at school time. To the extent of refusing food!

Me getting rather worried but also do not want to give him impression that throwing tantrum will get him out of school.

Am considering enrolling him in another school. Any good ones to recommend around Punggol or Seng Kang/Rivervale Drive?

Does anyone have comments on how is the programme at Tumble Tots/Punggol Plaza?

Thanks.

Advertisement

hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »

my son was 18 mths when we first enrolled him in childcare (playgroup). He had his ups and downs but most days, he didn't like school as well. But I just told myself that its jus separation anxiety on his part. This went on until he was 3 plus and we switched school as we moved house. Starting new school, he wasn't sure whether he like it or not, but now he loves going to school.

I'm still not very sure as to why he prefers his new school but what's obvious to me is that the teachers in his old school are all very much older aunties while the new teachers are much younger.  He bonds with his teachers and now has a few good friends.

its quite difficult to learn from kids what they actually like or do not like but we have to follow our instincts. He is with Bright Kids at blk 174D...

I was going to enrol him in Tumble Tots but it was only a few hours a day and a lot more expensive so decided not to. 
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »

It's very easy to blame on teachers/schools. I guess human beings even from Adam & Eve already start to blame others.

In the first place, have you ever think is there a way to improve in yr own family life? Disciplinary action? Proper eating, sleeping schedules. How to improve yr son's character? Think long term, boys have to serve NS, must be tough with them. If not grown up very girly, then habis....

It's better to change ourselves to suit the environment.

k4kim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 01:02:44 AM »

Thanks for the views and comments.

-> Hurricane:
I guess i really agree with you that Children are a lot that we have a tough time understanding :p The teachers at my boy's current school is also of the 'aunty' category, heee...but then, I think is more like he had some bad experience n the teachers were unable to handle it properly. Thus his behaviour. We have tried ways at home but nothing seems to work, so ultimately our option to change school......

-> Alaska:
We have a routine for the children at home, that is definite. Agree that we need to change ourselves to suit the environment but....even adults have problem achieving that, not to mention children.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: