Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 26, 2024, 05:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice of Sales/Specials  (Read 60280 times)
snow

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 01:19:31 AM »

wow.. snow, I have to salute to you!!!  haha!  actually my friends also email me alot of such sale notices.. i dun frequent sales coz i only buy when i finish using or really need something.  even if it's a little out of my budget, i'd still get it.

actually these so called "sales", it's just a matter of the percentage that they markup the prices to you.  "non-sales" time, they probably markup 70-100%.  sales time, they just markup lesser, maybe only 10-30%.  sales tactics don't work on me at all  stick tongue  to the consumer, it looks like a very good bargain.. but you dunno how much they actually markup, particularly when they are getting in bulks, and their suppliers want to develop a long time relationship with them.

haha... well... as a consumer (at least to me), I don't really care how much they markup their prices / how much profits they are earning eventually, as long as I'm paying lesser for the same items as I would normally have to pay during "non-sales" time...

I believe most of the times, they are just trying to get rid of their old stocks so as to free up some spaces for their new stocks. By giving special discounts, they not only be able to get back some money instead of having their old stocks lying in the warehouses, they will also be able to save money having to rent more spaces for their new stocks. I think it's a win-win situations for both parties...

I'm not sure about the rest... but for me, I wouldn't mind buying and stocking up some of the items which I normally buys if there are sales going on... anyway, unless it's a huge sum of money involved... else I believe the money saved from sales will be greater than saving interest rates given by our banks...

Advertisement

snow

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 08:20:16 PM »

Christmas Late Night Shopping

Venue : Marina Square Shopping Mall
Date : 09-Dec-06
Time: 8.00pm - midnight

Nescafe Gold ® Exclusive Redemption
Simply SMS "NESCAFE <your name> <email>" to 9759-7979, and present the sms-coupon at Groove Nation atrium (Level 3) on Sat, 9 Dec between 8pm-11:30pm to redeem a FREE bottle of Nescafe Gold ® (50g).

Limited to one redemption per shopper. While stocks last and conditions apply.

Entertainment @ Groove Nation, Level 3 8pm - 9pm, 10pm - 12 midnight
Take a break from your shopping to enjoy an array of delightful performances from funky electric Pop music and R&B tunes to a capella Christmas songs and captivating dances.

The Little Robots Live Show 
Catch Little Robots and friends on 9 Dec, 9pm at Central Atrium.

FREE Shuttle Service!
Extended till 12 midnight
No need to rush for the bus, because we've extended the free shuttle service from City Hall MRT Station (opposite Capitol Building) & Orchard Road (bus stop outside TANGS & Orchard Emerald) to Marina Square till 12 midnight.
Ice-cream

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 09:53:50 PM »

Wow! Snow thanks for the info.. This Christmas sure is busy...haha clapping
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »

i HATEEEEEEEEE christmas :~(  i went concourse and bought some stuffs.. spent so much money.. i do a small christmas "tree" in my living rm.. nt the tradition tree, but with wooden twigs and branches.. without my couchmates, i cant do it myself.  now i have a little chubby reindeer, some bears frm watson, a dog (with a stocking hanging from its mouth)  stick tongue  need to find one last santa ho ho ho!!!  and sm starry lights frm ikea too.  yi san yi san liang jing jing, man tian du shi xiao xing xing!!  Tongue Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: